Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ordover Gallery

I took my best friend to the Natural History Museum that had the Ordover Gallery on the fourth floor.  I have to say that this was my favorite photographic gallery because of the location of the images.  The colors were amazing with the shades of blues and whites and the lighting.  The animals like the polar bears, penguins, sea otters were caught in their real habitats and the images were taken at the prime moment for beautiful pictures.  I was happy that many of the pictures had actually been sold because it showed me that being a photographer can actually pay off!  The arctic is a beautiful place to take pictures.  I love polar bears and penguins; they are the reason I go to places like Sea World.  Therefore, this gallery really reached out to me and I was fascinated.  I really enjoyed the photo of the sea lion or otter that is laying on an iceberg and the angle is just above the water.  The lighting, colors, and the framing made the picture so interesting.  If I had the money to buy it, I would!

No comments: